web analytics

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Live In The Trees

And, you thought I was kidding. Here is the proof.
I didn't say, "Up in a tree".



The two cedars trees on the left side in the next photo are quite interesting because they are conjoined at the base and shaped like a V in their growth pattern. Shortly after I moved here, I noticed that during a storm or heavy wind, they would sway a great deal. So I arranged for an arborist to take a look at them and he recommended cabling them together. The cable helps them to stabilize one another when there is a strong wind. The cables are about 30 feet from the ground. Since the cabling, they have grown straight up from the cable which is more like normal growth. Of course, there is no guarantee. I really don't want to have a tree in my bed!

The next photo is from 1996 when the tree man was going up the cedar tree to cable the two trees together. Can you see him? The trees certainly have grown a lot since this photo was taken.
There are many trees (Oaks, Cedars and Pines) on my "little piece of heaven". Trees are beautiful but they are very messy. They have a lot of dropping pollen, acorns, sap, seed pods, pine cones, branches, leaves and the shade causes roof moss. If the patio, driveway and garden paths were cleaned everyday, it would be just fine with me. And, Lily (my four-legged companion) would stay cleaner and bring less dirt into the house. But, I still am happy that I have my trees!

So, the roof has to be cleaned two to three times a year. Today was the day to remove "clean the roof" from my list of things to do. It is so nice when everything is cleaned up.
I don't have any problem being on the roof. However, I am very cautious and pay special attention to the "little voice" that is often discarded in our thoughts. My biggest concern is getting on and off of the roof from the ladder. It's a little trickie. Each time I finish, I think it may be the last time that I should be doing this activity. I guess I will know when that time comes.

There is music among the trees,
but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it.
M. Aumonier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014