web analytics

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Who Is Wearing That Pink Accessory


Can you believe that this lady was in the ER about 3 hours after I made my visit on July 4th. That may not seem strange to you but the fact that she is the Pastor of my church makes it quite a coincidence. And, she was at the same event (First Friday's Music In The Park) that I was planning on attending. The live music was presented by Starburst Cowboys. She injured her Achilles tendon while dancing to the music words, "Strapping Leather?". What a story! And she loves to tell the story!

I was not there, so I am not sure of the exact music lyrics.  But, perhaps it was written by Daniel Lanois, a Canadian record producer, guitarist, vocalist and songwriter. Isn't google amazing? Rather interesting lyrics for us folk here in the Gold Country. But then, who really hears all the lyrics in a venue like the park? 

If you didn't know by now, Yes, I am a person with a big curiosity. And, I have a lot of time these days since I fractured a bone in my leg.

Here are some interesting lyrics.

Duo-Glide by Daniel Lanois

Peyote Jill rides the night
She sees her past in starlight
She hears a voice deep inside of her
Leather strapping, wheel burning power
Moves to the shimmy and tremble ride
Under the guide of her duo glide

On her duo glide, her duo glide
Her duo glide, her duo glide

She wants her land back from the thieves
And she wants her song in the trembling leaves
Harmonizing free from Columbus
Rid of stench and gold rush
Wants the jail house broken for Leonard Peltier
And ride the red dirt propel all the way

On her duo glide, duo glide
Duo glide, her duo glide
Her duo glide, duo glide
Duo glide, her duo glide

Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com


Now, back to my "Pink Cast" story. On Friday, when we were finished with my appointment at the Orthopedic office when my cast was applied, we met the "pink cast" friend in the reception room. Another coincidence! We had a few good laughs and then I shared the information about the Knee Scooter. Subsequently, she was able to get a scooter, also.

After we perfect our skills in "scooter speed" we should be able to race down the church aisle

Be careful all of you out there or you may be able to join us in our race. If you don't find humor and laugh, you know what can happen?














Have some fun today.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. What a tale! And as they say "Laughter is the best medicine".

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014