web analytics

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Lily Is Under The Weather


My precious baby - Lily is at the Veterinary office having Cardiology Diagnostics completed. Some tests were completed yesterday. Lily will be nine years old in November.


As is said, "Cavaliers are the 'poster child' for heart murmurs". And, Lily has a heart murmur. The Vet has been watching it for a few years now. In the last eighteen months her heart has enlarged and other symptoms have occurred. The most concerning has been a wheezing cough that has increased exponentially in the past couple weeks. And, her respirations are rapid and abnormal.  Otherwise, she has been eating well, sleeping well, relieving herself well and playing with her toys at her request about four times a day.

The Vet just called following the electrocardiogram and ultrasound. Following our discussion he decided to start her on therapies (medications) even before he has all of the test results.

Yesterday, I was able to go to the Vet, however today my friend had to take her for me and he will be picking  her up soon. She will be taking a diuretic which means she will need to go out side frequently. But that is fine with me, just as long as she can feel better. I have a fenced yard, thank goodness!

Very possibly she already has pulmonary edema and the diuretic should help. Hopefully, the coughing will lessen.  She has been such a good "little trooper". We have a wonderful Veterinary Clinic locally and Lily is always excited to go there. She has had the same wonderful Vet her whole like which I am very thankful for.

I am getting along OK with my scooter but I have to keep my leg elevated as much as possible. I am so grateful for my friend who has been extremely helpful and loving!

I am going to sit here and wait for Lily.

Hug your Pets.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with Lily. She is such a good friend to you and has such a sweet face. Keep strong!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014