web analytics

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stuck At Home

Not really, It is just my better judgement. The most important thing for me is to heal as quickly as possible and I think the best way to do that is to keep my leg elevated as much as possible and follow the doctor's directions. I am doing well with my basic needs here at home with the aid of the knee scooter and a cane. The crutches have their uses but very limited.  When I need prepared food, groceries or transportation it is available for me. What more can I want? YA! That sounded good but give me paper and pen and I can easily write a list for you. Just trying to be funny. I really am doing quite well. Fortunately or unfortunately I have had to fend for myself many times throughout my life. I am very thankful that I did not have more serious injuries!

Yesterday, we missed an annual event that we like to attend. The 65th annual Murphys Homecoming was held in the Community Park, two short blocks from my house. The event featured live music by the Community Band and a Plastic Duck Race in the Murphys Creek to benefit the Youth Mentoring Foundation.


 (google image of Murphys)


(google image of Murphys)

At noon a free Old Timers Luncheon was served to those 70 and older who have lived in the Murphys Area for at least 10 years.It's a little hard to think that I have been here for 20 years, the longest time I have lived anywhere in my life. AND, I LOVE LIVING IN THIS LITTLE GOLD RUSH TOWN. It is especially nice for me that I live very close to Main Street. Not too close to hear the tourist activity but just the right distance.

When I look out the windows I see so much that I want to do in the garden. My neighbor is doing some very limited watering. If you are a gardener, you know your own garden and it's needs. There already are a few plants that have died. It has been exceptionally hot here in the past two weeks and that makes it difficult for anyone to keep up with watering.  Besides that, we are having a drought, but we have not been hit hard by it as of now. My neighbor is fantastic and would do anything to help.  Yesterday, I heard him outside using the leaf blower on the patio. It doesn't take much to see the Blessings we all have.

Take good care of yourself.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to have a thoughtful neighbor. These days it seems no one ever goes outside their house.

    I hope you won't lose too many plants. This California drought is horrible. Here's hoping for a big fat El Nino winter.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014