web analytics

Monday, July 14, 2014

Oh - How I Miss It

Even though my daily garden hand-watering did not take place everyday, I sure miss going outdoors to the garden to do a little work or just surveying the new little signs of growth be it a new flower or new foliage. The Gardenia is already blooming nicely. Happy - happy! Last year's picture is in the header.


Since I have had more time to spend in the garden this year there have been new little plans for here and there. You know the kind of thing like adding new plants, freshening up the garden pets that have gathered too much moss - - -




(like these little guys) - - - or removing old redwood lattice that is falling apart from the wire fencing. Actually, I had just finished removing the old redwood and all of it has been hauled away. Thank goodness! But, next I was about to make some decisions about a 25 foot section of fencing that should or could be replaced.


The section is a lighter weight wire that was being pulled down by the weight of the Star Jasmine that I love for privacy and the beautiful fragrance and lush evergreen color.


In this little photo from 2011 you can see how nicely the Star Jasmine covers the lattice and also in the above photo which I took recently. The Star Jasmine that I cut down is already starting to grow back. So, when the new fencing is up - the plants will grow and cover the fence again and hopefully won't fall down again. The fence posts have already been reinforced once.

Well, for a little update - I am doing well and getting a little more mobile every day. Hoping to go home soon.

Be Happy.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Don't try to do too much! I love those little garden creatures-especially that cubby Mommy duck. I recommend some serious sitting time in the garden enjoying the gardenia and a cool drink.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014