web analytics

Friday, May 16, 2014

What Is A Paraprosdokian

Do you know? I have to admit that I was not familiar with this term even though many times I have heard them said and I think they are fun. And, I enjoy the expressions on people's faces when they realize the transfer of information in their brain of what they think they heard. Now, are you confused? I'm not!

Well, PARAPROSDOKIAN is wordplay where the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reinterpret an earlier thought.
  • They begin the evening news with 'Good Evening,' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
  • We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
  • War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
  • To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
  • Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
  • In filling out an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency, notify:' I put 'DOCTOR'.
  • I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
  • I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
Do you get the idea? I think I should stop - - - or, maybe not!

I hope you have a FUN Day.











Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014