web analytics

Friday, May 09, 2014

Garden Pics



Before Easter, I planted some annuals in some pots and they are starting to get settled and bloom. Pansies always go in this cement basket planter.







And, of course, I always like to have some petunias. They look like they will be in full bloom in a week or so. 


Gerbera Daisies have become a favorite flower of mine because I like the vibrant colors and the fact that they will perform like perennials if they are sheltered from severe winter weather. I think I have about seven new pots with different colors. Each year I try to have a container garden on my patio with plants that I can enjoy when I go out the front door.







The Rock Rose is going to bloom more this year than in the past. I have two plants planted above the rock wall that borders the patio. They don't get enough sun to bloom like they could.


This Rose 'Popcorn' is in the White Garden and gets a good amount of sun especially since the neighbors had to remove a large diseased Oak Tree a few years ago. What a difference sun can make for many plants - and me, too.


Just a little bright spot of Dianthus.



I have a small herb garden in pots. I am looking forward to getting some Basil so I can make some more Pesto Sauce this year.



This is Oregano 'Greek'. Looking fresh and healthy.



And, this is Thyme 'Lemon'. Coming along nicely.

The garden received a nice sprinkling of rain last night and the sun is shining. Yippee!

Take good care of yourself and others today.

Mary


1 comment:

  1. There is no activity as rewarding as gardening in my book! Isn't it funny how some pots and planters call out for specific flowers year after year? I am jealous of your Clematis as I have tried to grow them many times here in southern California with no luck.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014