web analytics

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Garden Gate

This is another Lonicera Japanese Honeysuckle. I think it is called 'Purpurea'. It has leaves with purple-tinged undersides and flowers that are purplish red outside and white inside. So Pretty.






So, there you have it. All three of my Honeysuckle plants and they are all in bloom at this time. To say that I have a few hummingbirds in my garden at this time would be an understatement!  They sure love their honeysuckle and so do the bumble bees!


The plant at the garden gate is the oldest. Actually, there are two plants, one on each side of the gate. Can you see the size of the branches? Every few years I have to prune the undergrowth. I am a few years overdue for that job. Maybe, this year after the blooming season I will get to it. It is always a pretty messy job. If you looked close you would see that the gate also needs to be painted. Just, another job.

I hope it is a Beautiful Day wherever you are. ENJOY.

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014