web analytics

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Another One-Of-A-Kind

While putting some dishes away following my Easter Dinner I realized that it might be nice to post about this lovely piece of Lace Pottery. This is another one-of-a-kind piece of art that I have enjoyed. I bought this Chip and Dip Plate at a Craft Fair long ago in the San Francisco Bay Area. In as much as I learned to crochet as a young girl I was very fascinated with this beautiful piece of art.


Look at the similarity of the imprint on the plate and the crocheted doily in the next photo.


It wasn't until today that I observed that the Crocheted Doily that I frequently use on my dining room table is a very close match to the imprint on the Lace Pottery Plate. I have had the doily since my mother passed away in the early 1990's and I believe that my mother may have crocheted the doily when she was a young woman. I think this is a pattern that was very popular at the time.


Needless to say, this realization stirred some interesting emotions for me. What are the chances of something like this happening. With out a doubt, this is a beautiful serving plate.

Hope you enjoyed my story. If you are interested in more information about Lace Pottery check out this website.

The weather in California is wonderful. Hope you enjoy your Saturday.

Mary


1 comment:

  1. The doily is beautiful. I had to increase the zoom on my monitor so I could appreciate the intricate stitches. Now I must learn to crochet! And the pottery is a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014