web analytics

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

It Is Not To Early To Start To Plan A Celebration Trip

Later in this year I will be having what could be my last milestone Birthday. No, I am not a fatalist. You know how life is. It can change in the blink of an eyelash. I have experienced that many times in my life. I guess most people have by this age. I am a realist.

You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
-- Joan Baez
So, anyway, I had such as wonderful Celebration Trip to Carmel, California that I took myself on for my 70th birthday and I am planning on repeating the same road trip activity for my 75th birthday in September.


If you would like to read about my 70th birthday celebration on the Montery Peninsula, I blogged with photos at this link Traveling Day One and the following blog pages.

This is a photo that I always remember and love. Nothing fancy in photography, just an auto shoot pic. There is just something about it that is symbolic for me of the Peninsula. Perhaps it is the peacefulness that I was experiencing at the moment, fog, mist and all. However, as we know, that area is a mecca of fabulous photo ops.


So, that is what I am thinking about today. It excites me to think about a little road trip with Lily by my side to such a beautiful area. The most challenging aspect in my planning is the financial. Where there is a will, there is a way! My heating propane tank in empty so I pulled out the little space heater when I am sitting in one place, usually during the evening. And, I have been monitoring and adjusting the forced air heating thermostat.  There are many things I am accustomed to doing to "pinch the penny". It is surprising how much difference a few changes in habits can make. I am sure I will discover some new ways as I go along. I am already working with reducing some of my medical expenses! Most of my life I have been diligent in expense cutting.

As time goes by, I will share more about my plans.

  

Actually, I am quite fond of driving. I am hoping to stay at the same "pet friendly" B & B. After all, Lily's picture is on the wall in the reception area with hundreds (if not more) of other dogs who have visited. 


Lily says she is READY TO GO any time I am ready!

Hope you have a Happy Day.

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014