web analytics

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

A Special Request


This past Sunday, I was visiting with a lovely lady who joined our church a few years ago and she regularly sings in the choir. She lives thirty to forty minutes drive from the church. On a Sunday morning, in my opinion, that is a long drive! And, of course there are weekday rehearsals in the evening. I met her when she first started to come to our church. I have always made a special effort to welcome "new faces" to the church when I notice people that I have not met.
 
For about six months of time during this past year I did not attend church services. It is taking me a while to catch up with my church friends. I have not been active in a lot of church activities for health reasons.  However, I was the person who regularly sent cards in the mail to those who are ill, injured, in Care Facilities, experiencing difficult times or anyone who we think might benefit from receiving a message of encouragement and prayer.

Anyway, I was deeply saddened and shocked to hear that the husband of my friend experienced a Severe Stroke this past November! He is 72 years old. I have not personally met him but I feel like I know him. Primarily, because he has been an editorial contributor to our little local newspaper. I commented to his wife that I had missed his newspaper contributions. And, that is when she told me of The Stroke.

He is a very well educated man of whom I have always enjoyed his writings. Along with Special Ops Veteran and many impressive employment positions and accomplishments, prior to retirement, he spent the last 27 years as Curator Emeritus/Consultant at The Smithsonian Institute of Museums and Museum Management and Planning, Transportation/Rail Operations and Economics retiring in 2010.

He is making slow progress (which is customary) in his recovery and on Sunday afternoon they were going to have their first social outing and to a concert.  She shared her excitement with me regarding his noteworthy progress and their outing!

Please send Positive Energy their way and Prayers are certainly welcome.


Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014