web analytics

Saturday, April 12, 2014

It Is Happening

The Garden is finally HAPPENING!  I have been trying to be patient.  I have heard "Patience is a virtue". I'm trying.

(click to enlarge)

This is the view from my dining room window. Isn't this going to look fabulous when all those flowers that are still in bud - open!

I am off to do some weeding at my Church. It is Garden Work Day.


Late (10 PM) last night I decided to bake Congo Bars to take over to the church for munchies! I'm sure there will be other goodies to snack on. It is nice that these do not take as much time to make as cookies.

Congo Bars are like chocolate chip cookies with semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped walnuts and, of course, cut into bars. It is a recipe from the 1950's. They were a favorite at the time because they packed well for shipping packages to the Armed Forces in Korea and other areas overseas.

I hope you have a Beautiful Day.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014