web analytics

Friday, May 25, 2012

White As White

The White Garden is starting to show off its beautiful variety. Before long the Oriental and Asiatic lilies will be coming into bloom, as well as the Star Gasmine, Day Lilies, Guara, Fairy Lily, Mock Orange, Dahlias, Asters and more.

Be sure and check out the White Flower 2009 mosaic photo on the right sidebar. Just click to enlarge.



This is a lovely book with lots of suggestions for white blooming plants. It would be nice if my white garden looked special enough to photograph as a whole from a distance. But it never seems to be filled in enough to do so.


The Color Garden (White), color plantings for dramatic landscapes - text and photography by Elvin McDonald. I bought this book many years before I ever had a white garden with the wish to have one. Dreams do come true. 


LOOK who came to visit just as I am blogging this post. Lily started barking and wanted to meet this sweetie. I took this photo quickly from the dining room window as the cat is looking at Lily. I think she/he looks great with the white flower photos.


I am leaving you with a photo I recently took at Amador Flower Farm in the next door county. I do not think this is a typical sight at any nursery. Also, a tram is available for short tours around the grounds. It is a nursery that specializes in Day Lilies and it covers acres of land filled with Day Lilies "almost" as far as the eye can see. And, they have a fabulous gift shop. I hope to go back for another visit this weekend when the lilies and many other flowers and shrubs will be in full bloom.

Our weather has taken a turn to cooler days, In fact, we may experience some rain!

I hope you Enjoy Your Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014