web analytics

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Eat Your Veggies And Grains

For the past few months I have been making a very sincere effort to eat as healthy as I can even though we go out to eat quite often. Frequently, I saute a  variety of vegetables in olive oil with seasonings and put them in serving portions along with brown rice for the freezer. Today I am using what I have handy and that is: carrots,  red, yellow and green bell peppers, red onion., celery, broccoli and mushrooms.

I have found that if I have some healthy food handy in the freezer I do better at eating healthy. Also, I have stopped buying all snack food. My biggest weakness is Ice Cream! But, I try not to have it in the house.



Don't they look good - and healthy?

 


Recently, I started making brown rice by baking it. And, it turns out perfect every time.  It is so simple. I really like the nutty flavor of the rice and it goes nicely with the veggies!


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place 1-1/2 cups brown rice (medium or short grain) in an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Bring 2-1/2 cups water, 1 Tbs. unsalted butter and 1 tsp. kosher salt  to a slight boil and stir into the rice to combine. Cover the dish tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.  After the hour, remove cover and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve.



Look at my new Rachael Ray stoneware set for my olive oil and vinegar. I really like the way they pour. And, the color is great for my kitchen.  They look nice with my yellow Peugeot salt and pepper grinders.


I hope you have a Wonderful Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014