web analytics

Thursday, May 03, 2012

A Day In The Garden

Perhaps, a more accurate title would be, A Day Weeding In The Garden. I loved being outside in the garden almost the entire day. I was trimming, clipping, raking, weeding and more weeding. There is so much clean-up needed due to lack of attention. It almost breaks my heart to see my garden this way. I just wish my back/leg pain didn't take so much of my energy. I was able to get a lot done even though it left me "hobbling around" by the end of the day. Many flowers and shrubs are starting to bloom and it brings me lots of joy.


Lady Banks Rose is starting to impress.It is a climber that blooms profusely early in the season.


And, Red Bird Azalea (outside my dining room window) is almost in full bloom. I originally planted five one-gallon plants and they have grown beautifully and spread to about 15 feet in diameter with my Rebecca At The Well fountain in the center. It's a lovely view from the dining room.


This photo is from May 2010

Wishing You A Beautiful Day

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Mary, for a little look at your garden....beautiful. Wish I were closer, I would come over and help you weed!

    No overdoing!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing as wonderful as a day working in the garden and an evening enjoying the garden. Yours looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014