web analytics

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Knitters And Hookers

A couple years ago, I was actively involved in Charity Knitting with some of the women in the community and from my church. Actually, another woman and I started the group. We made many knitted or crocheted items for people in the community that were going through some difficult times or were in care facilities. Life seemed to get in the way of us continuing our scheduled gatherings. Some continued on with their craft and we always had handmade items available. So many times it seemed overwhelming how appreciative the recipients were when we presented them with a shawl, afghan, slippers or hat.

Well, once again we have started meeting together and will be meeting two times a month. We now have a name - Knitters And  Hookers. Let me tell you, when we announce our meeting in church, there always if a big laugh. Our church is a happy group! We, also have a new meeting place that is very accommodating and in a neutral location so all will feel welcome.
 

Quite awhile back I started knitting a Tasha Tudor Shawl but I was unhappy with the way the yarn was working out. It was Lion Homespun yarn and not a good choice for the project. So, I did a little frogging and now I am using the yarn for a plain triangular shawl. We tend to use large needles and heavy yarn for our charity knitting/crocheting. That way, we can make the items in less time.

I can't leave you without giving you a little laugh. Isn't she the greatest? Poor thing! I never have tried to dress a chicken. How about you?


Keep A Smile On Your Face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014