web analytics

Monday, December 08, 2014

Love My Kitchen

Since I was not home for Thanksgiving I decided to make some turkey for myself. This is a recipe from one of you wonderful bloggers.  It is called Crock Pot Turkey. The recipe used a whole turkey breast, however, I was not able to find one at the store. So, I chose to use two thighs and three drum sticks. All dark meat, but that is OK. You simple use some chopped carrots, celery and onion as a little nest for the turkey pieces to sit on. Sprinkle the top of turkey with one package onion soup mix, two tablespoons melted butter and some herbs. I used some crushed dried rosemary. But, there are several different herbs that would work well. And, add a little chicken broth. 


I set the crock pot on high for one hour and then low for five to six hours.


I will have enough for some turkey sandwiches and a casserole or two for the freezer. And, if you strain the liquid you can make a nice gravy.

Now, in my opinion, I would not make this again with legs and thighs. I think it is best to use a whole turkey breast especially if you plan to serve the turkey with some side dishes.

The house sure smelled good with the aroma of the turkey cooking!

Tomorrow I may bake some cookies. Right now, that sounds like fun to me. I am thinking Spritz Cookies.

Take Good Care.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Your turkey crockpot recipe sounds divine. I know my crockpot gets a big workout during the fall and winter. Have you ever used the slow cooker liners? Worthy of a Nobel Prize in my opinion. The cleanup is a breeze if you use them in your pot.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014