web analytics

Monday, August 11, 2014

Roses In My Home


It makes me so Very Very HAPPY.


May I introduce you to “Elle” a hybrid tea rose that has a strong citrus, spice fragrance.

Aren't they beautiful? They are from my garden and I have been watching them bloom from my living room window as I recover from my leg injury.

I believe it was in 2005 that I bought this bare root rose from Jackson & Perkins Roses when it first became available in the United States.The first hybrid tea rose Elle was bred in France prior to 1999 by Jacques Mouchotte, and was introduced in that same country by Meilland International. This rose was created by crossing the Purple Splendour rose with a pollen plant created from the Chicago Peace and Parador roses. The result is a unique twist on a classic pink rose, having orange color hues on the reverse side of the petals.



Today, I was able to go out to my garden and do a little simple maintenance for the first time. When I saw the beauty of these magnificent roses I knew I wanted to bring some into the house so I can enjoy them to their fullest.

Since I have been house-bound for weeks I did a little "retail therapy" on Ebay. This lovely vintage hand embroidered table cloth is a new acquisition and it looks wonderful with my roses.

The cloth had a few yellow spots and I placed some lemon juice and salt on the stain and put it out in the sunshine. In no time at all the tablecloth was pristine and like new!

My tea cups are new this summer and are Rosa by Grace's Teaware from TJ Max. Love those stores!

Take some time and SMELL THE ROSES.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Your roses are lovely. Roses are one of a few plants that I cannot grow well in my garden. I love the fragrance of roses, but I just cannot keep the bush. Your new walking boot is quite a contraption. I can see how it might not be comfortable. Enjoy puttering the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful roses and I love the embroidered tablecloth. What a delicate teacup too! I saw you popped into my place a couple of times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It was lovely to have a visit from you. Your blog is always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014