web analytics

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fixing Dinner With Limited Function

Oh sure, I can easily make Tostadas for dinner. Just fry up some ground beef with onions and throw in some refried beans. Right? Chop up some toppings and fry some tortillas.

What a reality check! What a challenge!


I should have known better. By the end of the day my right ankle/leg had enough weight bearing without me trying to make dinner, simple at that! But, I wanted to surprise my friend with some kind of a dinner to show my appreciation for everything he has been doing for me. He was so surprised when I offered the invitation.


On top of the beans we had shredded cheddar cheese, chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, black olives, salsa, sour cream and avocado. I didn't take much time to make them look very pretty but they sure tasted good. Taking photos was a very last minute thought while we were starting to sit. No photo staging here.

It was a warm summer evening and a nice light beer was a good choice of beverage with the Tostadas. I was thinking about making some vanilla pudding with bananas for dessert but simply was not able to do it. Since I am not able to jump in the car and drive to the store I was having to work with what I had in the pantry.

Much to my surprise when my friend arrived he had some 
Mocha Latte Italian Gelato - - - - - 


and a lovely bouquet of flowers - - - - - 



in his hands. I was so surprised and it made me very happy! He was very grateful for my effort but very concerned about my ankle/leg.

Most of the evening I spent reclining on the sofa with an ice pack on my ankle. I am sure my ankle will feel better in no time.



Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014