web analytics

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Look At Those Eyes

What is it about puppy-doggie eyes?  Don't you know, they can look right into your heart and soul! Such precious creatures. The animals in my life have meant more to me than I could ever imagined prior to having my first pet in my adult life. Especially, if it is just you and them. We all know the unconditional love and the exuberant joy they welcome us with when we return home.


My sweet Lily is responding well to her treatment for recently diagnosed Heart Disease. She loves to be on the front steps and patio to watch and hear the activity of the day. And, of course, sometimes it is necessary to talk (bark) at another dog that may be walking by. The adult dog-walkers all seem to know Lily - far better than me. They know her name and many times I do not think they know mine. Some have even received permission from me to delight her with a "tiny" treat. If she sees them coming through the living room window, she is like a flash of light as she runs as fast as she can to get to them before they pass by.


Lily is on five different medications (not inexpensive) for her heart, one of them being a diuretic. Oh, NO, oh, YES! What a challenge that has been. However, it is a lot easier since I am able to get around better. The stories I could tell (diapers and all) about this stage in her life I am sure you would hear from any other "big people" that have cared for one of these precious creatures.


Lily took seriously ill about two weeks after I broke my ankle/leg and she was already in much need of a bath, but she was just too ill to take her to the groomer. But, eventually, I was able (after my cast was removed) to give her a bath here at home and clip her nails. Also, I tried my best to trim/cut her hair especially around her "lady parts" which surely helped in keeping her dry and clean. Believe me, I am NO dog groomer. I remember trying to groom my Yorkie years ago and she looked like a plucked chicken! I said, never again.

Well, today is the big day that we go to the groomers for bath and haircut. She has had the same groomer for the last couple years and I am sure everything will go very well. Even though it is the end of summer, I will have her cut in her shorter summer hair style. It will be so nice to have her all "prettied up"! What a love bug she is but recently I certainly learned that she can also be very stubborn. Love her to pieces!


It has been so good to see her demonstrate all the behaviors of a healthy dog, again.  She eats well, runs and plays every day, shows happiness and no symptoms of  ill health. And, we know her urinary system is working just fine, thank you!

This coming week she will see the Vet again. It has been about a month but he calls at least once a week. After he gets the results of more tests, cardiogram, X-rays and all, maybe her medications can be adjusted so the diuretic issues can be easier to deal with. I sure hope so.

And, now I leave you with another pretty face. The faces of pansies have pretty eyes, too! This was taken just before my injury in July. Some of my pansies have started to bloom again. And, I have worked with my gerbera daisies and they are looking a little healthier.


It's a Good Day and I hope the same for you.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014