web analytics

Sunday, August 10, 2014

All Is Good

First off. Friday was a terrific day at the Orthopedic office. X-rays of my leg were taken and new bone is forming around the fracture and the cast was removed! And, it is staying off.


They fit my leg into an Aircast brace/walking boot that is big and clunky. Did you catch that word "walking"? It is a beautiful word! I have been able to take a shower and scrub my grubby leg/foot and it felt so good. I already have some good range of motion with my foot and leg and there is minimal swelling and no pain unless I move it in the wrong position. Actually, I am very comfortable without the brace when walking in the house. The brace is quite uncomfortable and causes some pain but I always wear it if I am out of the house. Tomorrow I will be calling for an appointment schedule with a physical therapist.  In six weeks I will return to see the Orthopedist.

Yes, all is good.


This morning we went to church and it was very nice to get some normalcy back in my life.


And, then we went to our favorite restaurant, The Copper Grill at Saddle Creek Country Club for lunch. It is about a thirty minute drive but we always enjoy the ride through the country roads.

(Mother's Day 2012)

This is our favorite waiter, Walker, and we will miss him in the future because he is leaving after five years and going to the San Francisco Bay Area to work for a newly developed private Golf Resort and return to college to complete his degree. I am so glad that we were able to see him today because Tuesday is his last day and we would not have known of his new employment plans nor would we have been able to say goodbye. It has been weeks since we have been able to go out for brunch. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. And, I can only wish him the finest in his future. We hope to see him at his new place of employment when I have to go to San Francisco for a Medical Consultation next month.

Yes, all is good.

And, I hope all is good with you.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014