web analytics

Friday, December 30, 2011

What Could Be Better

~ ~ ~ Than a nice cup of hot homemade White Bean and Ham Soup prepared with the ham bone from the Christmas ham.


I had all the ingredients in the house for my selected recipe except for the Herbes de Provence.   At first thought, I wondered if the local grocery store would have some.  Remember, I live in the foothills/mountains!  And, then the light bulb went off in my head.  Within five hundred yards of my house, we have the cutest and greatest spice shop.

This is The Spice Tin 




So, when MSM came in from an errand, I asked him to "walk down the street" and buy some Herbes de Provence. It was so nice because the store is very close and we can buy small portions like one ounce bags. If you are wondering what is in Herbes de Provence and don't want to look it up on the Internet, it is a combination of rosemary, thyme, savory, fennel, basil, lavender and marjoram. I am sure that I will be using more of this herb in different dishes in the future. 

Oh, and yes, the soup turned out to be a favorite and will be repeated. If you are interested in the recipe, you can find it at White Bean and Ham Soup.  It was such a good way to use the ham bone.  We plan to get another ham soon and we will make some Scalloped Potatoes with Ham.  MSM tells me that it is a favorite dish of his.  Happy Cooking.

I hope you are enjoying the last days of 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014