web analytics

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Smiles

During this Holiday season many people are living with difficulties that are greater than what we find within our own homes and families. It is so important for all of us to remember to be thankful for all the blessings that have come our way. And ~ ~ ~ to reach out to lend a helping hand in whatever way we can.

Yesterday, I spent the day at the hospital  in the Cancer Center  with my friend. The medical staff was excellent in their caring, gentle, understanding, informative and  professional manner.  My friend is dealing with "high risk cancer"! Along with the breast cancer there is area of concern in the hip bone and the liver. Her treatment will be rigorous and extensive. Chemotherapy will start Monday, the day after Christmas and I will be there for her to take her for her first treatment. There are many appointments scheduled for various reasons and her chemo will be every three weeks for six treatments. I am sure there will be some other friends who will help out with transportation. We will all make it work. It was a difficult day, however, I am very happy that I am able to help even with my own limitations.






In a few hours my Granddaughter will be arriving to spend the next two days with us. We are thrilled beyond imagination! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Christmas. There have been many, many difficult Christmas's in my past. And, I am so very, very blessed this year and I am SO grateful.

I am wishing Each and Every One of You a Very Blessed and Joyous Christmas.

        Remember, if you can - help someone find their smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014