web analytics

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Impressed With Neurologist

Following lots of confusion when scheduling a neurological appointment for evaluation of my recent lumbar spine MRI, I was delightfully surprised to meet a very professional  and impressive physician. I was taken to a exam room within 5 minutes of arrival. And, the doctor walked in shortly thereafter. He spent 45 minutes obtaining a very detailed history and completing a very extensive physical neurological examination. My current spinal neurological status was explained and my anxiety about serious changes in my back was calmed. All of my questions were answered.

Nothing dramatic is changing in my lumbar spine. The increased pain is associated with the progressive degenerative spine  condition. I have always known that my back pain is very likely to increase with age as the degenerative process continues. During the past ten years I have "just lived with it" doing all the various noninvasive procedures available to me including hypnosis. I have worked hard to live a life whereby "Even though I have pain, I am NOT my  pain ."

There are some treatments for pain management that I have not pursued because I felt that they did not have enough long range data for success rates. The neurologist brought the current  nerve block procedures to my attention and we discussed them. I may consider a consultation with Richard Derby, M.D. at Spinal Diagnostics and Treatment Center near Stanford University Hospital. Dr Derby is a well known spinal researcher from California who has perfected the technique of  Nerve Ablation and Intradiscal Electrothermal Annuloplasty which may be a procedure appropriate for me. 

For the time being, I am doing OK and my "glass is half full".

I am so grateful for yesterday's medical consultation. I feel blessed.


I hope your day is Going Well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014