web analytics

Friday, July 22, 2011

Another Trip To The Cardiologist Office

For another diagnostic test. And, I hope this is the last one for awhile. I can't imagine there being any more tests that I have not undergone regarding my heart. Yesterday's test was a Cardiac Nuclear Imaging Scan. I am so happy that this procedure is behind me. It takes approximately three hours to complete. The purpose is to assess how the heart responds to the demands of physical activity. There are several types of this test. Because of my back problems, I am not able to walk on a treadmill for this test. So, they introduce a medication via an I.V. that simulates the symptoms of a heart attack. THIS IS NOT A GOOD FEELING! They quickly reverse the medication/symptoms by introducing another medication. It takes a few minutes before you start to feel OK again! Imaging scans are taken before and after the medication administration as well as electrocardiograms. This is about as simple as I can explain the procedure.

The professional staff was WONDERFUL and I felt very safe and secure.



During a brief conversation with the Nuclear Imaging Technician I was so surprised to learn that he graduated about 30 years after I did from the same small high school that I graduated from in Southern California. And, then he went on to USC for his degree in nuclear medicine and thereafter to work at Stanford University Hospital. Then on to Stockton Cardiology Medical Group where my doctor has his practice. He was very familiar with where I obtained my Registered Nurse education.

Even though we did not have much time to talk, it was a lot of fun. He was so nice and we quickly exchanged memories of our childhood experiences even though it was generations apart. It was the first time I have experienced an exchange like this of meeting someone who related to my childhood memories. When I attended the high school it was a new school and I was in the first graduating class of the school in 1957!

After my diagnostic test, MSM and I went to Macaroni Grill for a great dinner. Since, I had been fasting prior to the test, I was hungry and I could not wait for a cup of coffee. : > } 

I hope you are having a Fabulous Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014