web analytics

Monday, July 04, 2011

235th Birthday

Today is the official July 4th holiday and the celebrations have been going on for days. I hope people realize how blessed we all are to have the freedoms we experience day after day. To me, it seems as though many (not all) of the younger people do not realize what patriotism means. We are such a young country. Today is America's 235th Birthday!

According to Wikipedia, “In 1777, thirteen gunshots  were fired, once at morning and again as evening fell, on July 4 in Bristol, Rhode Island. Philadelphia celebrated the first anniversary in a manner a modern American would find quite familiar: an official dinner for the Continental Congress, toasts, 13-gun salutes, speeches, prayers, music, parades, troop reviews, and fireworks. Ships were decked with red, white, and blue bunting.”

Never should we forget!



My holiday petunias have been blooming  nicely.  These six-packs were some of the healthiest plant I have ever purchased. Recently, a small nursery opened in another little town nearby. It is owned by a Mennonite family and it is very nicely managed and the plants are well cared for. The weather has turned HOT, close to 100 degrees. That means that I have more hand watering in the garden! And, I am grateful that I am physically able to do it!

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I will be going to a Neurologist (out of the area) to have my recent lumbar spine MRI evaluated, with hopes of gaining some information regarding future treatment and guidance about the bone spur protruding into the spinal canal.. When a local doctor used the word of potential paralysis I was shocked and very dismayed.

The report conclusion states "Scoliosis and multilevel degenerative disease. Nerve root impingement is suspected at several levels but the most prominent finding is at L4/5 where there is impingement on the left L4 nerve root within the foramen and possible impingement on the left L5 by osteophytes (bone spurs) intruding into the neural canal."

If you believe in prayer, I would be grateful is you would include me in yours!

I hope you had a Fabulous 4th of July weekend and everyone is safe and sound.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014