web analytics

Friday, July 01, 2011

Shiny, Bright And Clean

I accomplished a very big task recently that was certainly way overdue. I thoroughly cleaned the China Cabinet! What a big job! It took me quite a few days whereas, in the past, it took me much less time. Age has a way of doing that to us. I cleaned all of the silver and of course, the china and glassware was washed. In addition, I oiled the furniture surface very well. It looks brand new.


I have always loved my China Cabinet and I have had one for as long as I can remember, even when I have lived in small apartments. There is something about dishes, glassware and silver/gold that has always made me feel happy. It could be the aspect of domesticity and entertaining that draws me toward these objects.





This china is a perfect set for eight and it was given to me from my mother's possessions. The pattern is Touraine by Haviland. It is from 1939, made in America and my father bought it for my mother about the time I was born. I enjoy using it and wish I used it more often. In the past I have had a large dining room and I was able to do more entertaining.


This Soup Tureen with lid and Sugar-Creamer Set also belonged to my mother.  The markings on the bottom say Premier Taylor Smith Taylor Co.USA. I think they are quite representative of the 1940's. And, oh, so Beautiful. The Tureen also has floral decor on the inside! They are treasured by me.



The China Cabinet has these wonderful pull-out shelves that are so handy with a small dining room because I can use them almost like a buffet when serving.



I have had the opportunity to have guests in for dinner recently and it was very enjoyable to have a nice "sparkly clean" China Cabinet. It is hard for me to believe how tarnished and dusty it looked before. But, it had been quite a long time since it had been thoroughly cleaned. I know I have been trying to squeeze in to many social activities with my new life style of having a man in my life. It is difficult for him to accept that I have household responsibility that take time and effort. I am working hard to find a balance that works for both of us! 

Have a Wonderful Day - OK!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014