web analytics

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Garden Project

I have a garden project that I would like to share with you. Let me show you the finished results first. Because I can't wait! And then I will tell you what I did.  The Rebecca At The Well Fountain is in service again and creating the nicest sounds in my garden!


I have had this fountain outside my dining room window for several years. It is a lovely three piece structure. The beautiful base is now covered by azaleas that were only one gallon plants when I planted them. Because we have had colder weather and  snow in the winter for the last few years the cement basin deteriorated and crumbled because I did not cover it with plastic protection some of the years. Seriously, I really missed hearing the sounds of the flowing water during the warm summer days. So, I decided that I was going to do something about it. The next photo was taken in spring time and it is a photo of the fountain amidst the flowering azaleas and without a basin! So - - -

 



I bought a very large plastic terracotta basin . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


And, a couple cans of Krylon Stone spray paint . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .





 And, then a can of Krylon Sealer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  



And, now Rebecca is getting water from the well. And, I Love It.


Happy Summer Days to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014