web analytics

Monday, August 16, 2010

Pretty Pods

At the entrance to my patio, the purple seed pods on my Anemone plants are very colorful at this time of the year. As you can see they sit on top of a purple base with irregular red shaped material around them.  Aren't they interesting?  These plants were on the property when I bought my house eighteen years ago.  I think they are Japanese Wind Flower (A japonica) from what I can tell with my research in The Royal Hortifultural Society Encyclopedia and the Sunset Western Garden Book.   


It looks like most of the purple seeds have already fallen from the pods.



I love, love, love these flowers!



I did a post on the White and Pink  Anemone  flower in May. http://everydaydelight09.blogspot.com/2010/04/birth-of-anemone.html.



I hope you have a Colorful and Fun Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014