web analytics

Friday, August 06, 2010

The Chair

Embarrassing - to say the least. This is the story about the chair! I can not believe I am writing about this and telling exactly what happened. But, here goes.


See the arrows that I have marked on the photo. The iron rods on the base of the chair slips into the hollow rods under the seat of the chair seat/back section. And, then there is a hole at the end of the iron rod to place a screw , so the two chair sections are secure and do not come apart when the chair is moved or if you want to rock. See the circular iron on the chair base. It provides the flexibility for the rocking motion. Got all that?

Well, now I will try to tell you the bizarre part of the incident.  I had spray painted the two chairs and table which I purchased in 1974 (yes, that date is correct) a while back because they needed freshening up.  I had not replaced the screws because they were very rusty and I wanted to purchase new screws.  The chairs were assembled (like the next photo) and were very secure and very sturdy as long as you did not move the chair.  I cautioned My Special Man about the chair and then a proceeded to sit down in the second chair.  We were discussing the screws and that I needed to buy new screws.  During the discussion, I wanted to show him something about the matching table and I absentmindedly tried to move my chair back not realizing that I was slipping the seat back off of the base iron rod. Thus, I fell straight back hitting my head on the cement. What you can see in the photo above is the position of the chair/seat as I lay on the cement patio floor.  It was a forceful impact on my head!

This is what we bought yesterday and the chairs will be "fully assembled" ASAP. And, the knob for adjusting the height of the table will also be replaced with the new one.


I can not tell you how horrible I feel about the whole incident.  I am just very thankful that the injury did not happen to someone else.   That is such a blessing.  And, I am blessed that my recovery is progressing nicely!  It was such a reminder to SLOW DOWN AND THINK.


I hope you have a Safe and Health Day.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your injuries were not more serious Mary! That could have been a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole. You are so right, it certainly could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014