web analytics

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Neighbor Flower Envy


I love hollyhocks and so does my neighbor. I have tried growing them in the past without success. Last year when I learned that my wonderful neighbor also likes hollyhocks, I ordered some seeds for her. This is the first result. I think they are so delicate and pretty.
Last night when walking in the neighborhood I gathered some hollyhock seeds from some plants that had gone to seed. I am going to let them sit on the windowsill until they age some more and then I will put them in a paper envelop until the time comes to plant them. The seeds on the left are from a pink flower and the others are from white flowers.  I must try my luck at growing hollyhocks, again.

It would be so lovely to have a beautiful cottage garden, perhaps with some foxglove and hollyhocks!



Hans, the dog was seen by a very nice veterinarian and we will observe the dog and contact the vet if there are any further seizure issues. It may be a isolated case with no further problems. If anything occurs in the future, perhaps some testing will be ordered.

We, also, had an opportunity to go to the Boutique after having a very good Bar-b-que beef lunch at a newly reopened restaurant on our way.  I am feeling very tired but all is good and I hope it stays that way.

I hope you have a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014