web analytics

Friday, March 26, 2010

Time For Wheelbarrows

I have this very old wheelbarrow that I rescued when someone was going to throw it in the dump. I have planted it every year for about ten years. This year when planting some six-packs, I noticed that the bottom is totally rusting out at the front corner! It makes me sad because it probably will soon loose the entire bottom. I thought about lining it with plastic but the weight of the soil and plants would probably cause it to fall apart anyway. So, we will just watch the colorful flowers burst into bloom this year and enjoy it while we can. ------- And, maybe, I will come upon another "old beauty" that needs a restful home.


This is a photo of my wheelbarrow at the end of last season. This year there will be lots and lots of color and variety!


I think I am getting a good start on having a few home grown vegetables this year.  It is a little early for tomatoes, but I have had these "WallOWater" plant protectors for years and never used them. The outside perimeter of the circle is filled with water and left to warm in the sunshine. After about a week, tomato plants can be planted inside each cylinder and be protected to 16 degrees F.  Plants can be planted earlier and not be severely effected by the chilly nights that we usually get at this time of year.

Since I am going to be away on vacation the first two weeks of June, I thought it would be a good idea to try the "WallOWater" this year. I know I am a little crazy trying to add vegetable gardening into my current schedule with a Special Man in my life. Oh well, I try!



And, look at this empty refuse box. It is the second one to be delivered, The first one was filled in two hours by two very good workers I was able to hire. It is a tremendous help to me. This way I can spend my energy and time having fun in the garden doing the things I most enjoy instead of the heavy clean-up work from the winter storms. Oh, it makes me so happy.

 


If you are a gardener and have sunshine, I hope you have a happy day outside enjoying the beautiful spring weather.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014