web analytics

Monday, March 29, 2010

Come Join Me In My Secret Garden

I think I have the neatest little area in my garden that lends itself to a cozy little Secret Garden. There is a large mound of dirt and rock at the edge of my patio. The front door opens out onto the patio. When this house was built they excavated a flat area for the house to be built on and left the natural ground level which is about six feet higher in the front of the house beyond the patio. Actually, the hillside was excavated to build some homes. 

 My house is the first house beyond the original little gold mining town lots. I think they were trying to save the many trees that are growing on my lot. There are pines, oaks and cedars, and they are beautiful.  There is a informal rock wall which I had rebuilt because many of the rock were starting to fall.
 


Look at the nice patio privacy from the street after I planted (years ago) one-gallon size Photinia plants that have grown to be very nice and tall. I planted the plants around the mound so there would be privacy for my little Secret Garden. The plants at the front have not grown as tall, but they are still growing a little more each year.




Come walk with me up the stepping stones I placed when I first moved here. Recently, I added the railing that I acquired years ago at a yard sale. The railing's first life was at the entrance to a mobile home. I fastened the two pieces together to make it one piece.

 
This is a little bench we can sit on. This bench was on the property when I moved here. I had it moved up here on the mound when I started thinking about a Secret Garden. The bench appears to be very old and so perfect for the area.


This past weekend I cleaned this flower bed and planted some border marigolds. I need to plant some more Indian Hawthorn plants to fill in the bare spots. I had planned to do it last year when I refurbished this flower bed.

And, I replanted my Tipsy Pots!



These Tipsy Pots will look more interesting when the plants start cascading down the sides.


My primroses are still giving me more flowers. I think it is because my garden has a lot of shade and is not getting very warm as yet.




I hope you have a Wonderful Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014