web analytics

Friday, March 12, 2010

Eight Days Left

Until my Granddaughters 18th birthday and I have not finished her Lavender Afghan! If you read my post yesterday, you may have some idea why. You are right. I have been way too busy having way too much  fun. But, now it it time to put the pedal to the medal and not let anything distract me from finishing the afghan and getting it in the mail so it will arrive before or on her birthday which is March 19. Remember, the dropped stitch I talked about on February 25. I haven't even touched the yarn since then.  So, today is the day.


Well, I had to rip out a few inches to pick the stitch up. With the lace pattern, it was almost impossible to bring it up like in a stockinette or garter stitch pattern. I think it was easier to just rip back instead of hassling with a crochet hook and maneuvering the lace pattern.
So, now I am on my way. Just buzzing along picking up stitches to start the last fourteen rows of the afghan. And, them I will do the two-row crochet border.


Of course, I will post the finished afghan photo - - - SOON.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014