web analytics

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Make That Turkey Stop

He makes me tired just watching him. He does not know how tenacious I can be. This is what happened last year when I set out to find a turkey! All kidding aside, last years turkey was delicious. It is hard to go wrong with a roasted turkey.

I have always enjoyed cooking and still do quite a lot of cooking. I don't have the sense to stop looking at recipes. Is that one of the criteria for loving to cook? Perhaps, it is just another addiction. The difference between now and then (when I was young) is the long list of favorites (which means, must try) are on the computer and have taken the place of magazine clippings. I can't deny that I still clip a few magazines!



Aside from turkey chasing, I am feeling very poorly. I had to stop the new medication. I talked to the doctor last night. I don't know where I go from here. The one and only thing I know for sure is that I can not wait until this medication is out of my system. I have had one $#*&@ of a week that I never want to repeat. I have come to believe that the ?cure is worse than the problem! After 16 years of trying to find a medication, I should have know better. The only difference in this medication from last time I tried to use it is the "time released" factor. I did not want to be a quitter or I would have stopped taking it sooner. This way, there is no doubt in my head that this medication or any in the same category which I have probably already tried are NOT for me.  Pain is  one thing but incapacitation is a very different "kettle of fish", especially when you inflict it on yourself. OK, I 'm putting this chapter on the book shelf never to be read again. I will continue hopefulness in science bringing us something other than pills for pain!

I am looking forward to feeling well enough to drive the car and getting out and about, especially since we are having wonderful Thanksgiving weather.

Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving.

~Mary~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014