web analytics

Monday, October 05, 2009

Traveling, Shopping And More Eating

But, NOT traveling home as originally planned. I was having such a nice time that I decided to stay another day. I still wanted to go to Carmel Valley, Monterey and Pacific Grove. I thought we should spend another day because I don't know when I will be able to return.  Also, I wanted to go back to the Sierra Shirts of Carmel and purchase a pink hooded sweat shirt with the Carmel emblem. So, off we walked to Ocean Avenue.




After getting my sweat shirt we walked through Carmel Plaza and stopped in at Talbots and Anthropologie.



Then, it was time to get into the car and go to Carmel Valley. It was fun to see all the changes since I was last in the area. I had no idea where we were going to have lunch, but I knew that I wanted seafood. When I saw the Village Fish House with patio seating, we stopped to have lunch.



Crab cakes on a Mixed Greens Salad with French Bread and Red Wine fit the bill along with a little Creme Brulee for dessert. Nothing very special, but OK.




Lily was her usual self and nicely behaved. Monterey was the next destination. The ocean was beautiful!







This next photo is a real favorite of mine. It was about 3 PM and the fog was starting to roll in at Asilomar Golf Course. The deer were grazing along side the golfers and their moving golf carts. I was surprised that the deer were so nonchalant!




It is so nice to relive all of these beautiful sights as I am posting. Tomorrow, I will have the remainder of the vacation entries. Until then - - -

~Mary~

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014