web analytics

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Changing Of The Colors

It is starting to occur in my garden as you can see by the background STELLATTA MAGNOLIA Tree.  It turns a  very pretty yellow before it drops its leaves.  This yellow rose is trying to outlast all the other rose bushes. It looks so cheerful through the dining room window on this very dreary day.  I think rain is in the forecast!



Quite close to the Magnolia Tree is a favorite plant of mine that will soon be a gorgeous rich rose red. The WINGED EUONYMUS (also called Burning Bush) is just beginning to turn colors.The branches are interesting because they feel like they  are almost square with ridges as you run your fingers along the stems..

 

And here we have a bunch of green acorns that came down during the storm this past week. I gathered some of them, washed them off and brought them in to add to my fall decor. I do not recall ever seeing that many green acorns in my garden in the past. I am sure the heavy winds brought them down.  The brown acorns are falling all day and all night. I can hear them falling when they hit anything that is hard, especially anything that is metal .


Hope you are having a Fabulous Sunday.

~Mary~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014