web analytics

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

On The Road Again

Pacific Grove was the next place that we enjoyed. We walked Lighthouse Avenue and enjoyed the shops. This is one area where I really noticed a lot of vacant store fronts undoubtedly because of the recession! However, Miss Trawick's Garden Shop really caught my attention.


In the distance you can see the evening time fog rolling in. But, look at the cute things for the home and garden in this shop. The inside shop area was very large and immediately I spotted a pair of small ceramic roasters similar to what my mother had on her kitchen window sill.



Immediately I knew I had to have them, REALLY, even though I have been downsizing. They are nicely crafted by Raz, just the right size, about 7 1/2 inches tall. Even after perusing the shop, I knew that I still had to have them. My shopping/buying has been minuscule as it should be.   I bought them. Then, I took myself back to Carmel Country Inn hoping to stay away from any further mischief!






Before long, I was hungry but not too hungry.  Clam Chowder sounded in my head so it was time to find another "pet friendly" dining spot. A short walk from 3rd Ave. (where we were) to Sixth Ave  and we were at Village Corner (a mediterranean bistro). Once again, the hospitality was unparalled. The evening sun was beginning to set and the fire fit was aflame. The Clam Chowder was devine. Bread and a little vino and I was "a happy camper". Lily was excellent (what can I say?) and drew lots of attention. By the time we were ready to depart, the patio was full with diners. On our way out, Lily was getting all kinds of admiration and it seemed as though everyone wanted to talk to us. It was fun.




I will leave you now, with this beautiful picture of the evening sky taken from our dining spot.




We traveled home the next day. We experienced a WONDERFUL "get-away"! I feel very blessed.

Wishing you a Beautiful Autumn day.

~Mary~

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014