web analytics

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Taize'

Last night we went to A Meditation Service in the Tradition Of Taize' at our church. It is a gathering in the candlelit sanctuary for the simplicity of music and meditation, prayer and silence.



All too often we rush through our days and don't take the time to reflect on who and what is important to us in our lives.  

The history of the spirituality of Taize' goes like this. "In 1940 Brother Roger Louis Schutz-Marsauche settled in the little village of Taize in the heart of Burgundy region of France to offer a safe haven for those in need of asylum, especially Jewish refugees.  From the start, this community was characterized by the search for peace and reconciliation in the human family.  And today, the ecumenical community that he founded includes Catholic and Protestant brothers from some 20 countries committed to expressing communion with those who are suffering throughout the world."

About eight months ago I attended a Taize' service and found it to be very comforting, spiritual and centering. The service is held the first Wednesday of each month. It seems as though each month for some reason I just did not attend.  But, last month we put it on our calender so we would attend when the date came around. This month we attended and once again I felt the "Simplicity in order to live intensely".   - - - - -There is a season for everything!


My medical appointment on Tuesday regarding my head injury went well. My symptoms are lessening each day. I am still dizzy but not as intensely.  I will be taking it easy  (which is not easy for me) so that I will be well enough in three weeks for a road trip along the Central Oregon Coast with My Special Man.  More on that later.



Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Contented Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014