web analytics

Friday, October 23, 2009

Flashback Friday

I am planning on presenting some Flashback Fridays. They will be random events and times in my life.

This photo was taken in 1966 for a church pictorial directory. My son was 6 years old and my daughter was 4 years old. I think we look happy and I honestly think we were very  happy. We attended church regularly, even though my early childhood had issues with parochial school that resulted in me refusing to return for 6 th grade because I would have the same teacher as in the fifth grade. My 6th grade school year in public school was my very favorite school year. My twin brother also transferred to public school.

My husband worked with his father as a carpenter and made a very good income. I had been a Registered Nurse for seven years but I was a stay-at-home mom after our first child was born. When our daughter was 6 weeks old we were able to move into a new custom-built home. It was a very happy time. We had two healthy children and were living a middle class life in the 60's! Perhaps, we were a little ahead of our peers in regards to buying a home. But, none the less, we had many friends from various walks of life and we enjoyed socializing, which usually included the children.









One of the purposes of keeping a blog is so I can make a book of it for my 17 year old granddaughter who I do not have the opportunity to see very often. She is a beautiful person inside and out. She is a straight A student with high aspirations in spite of a very challenging life.  She was an excellent baby who let her parents "sleep through the night" very early in her life!




Perhaps, the book will give her a more accurate picture of who her Grandma is/was. Unfortunately, I have a fractured family which reared its ugly head in 1968-1969. Growing up in the 50's, all I really wanted was to be a wife and have a family. Life had something else for me!

Please hug your family and tell them that you LOVE them.

~Mary~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014