web analytics

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What's Happening In The Kitchen

Chickie says that she thinks she is safe and not going into the pot! What a relief. But then, you never know?



The weather says to me "Make Soup". So that is what I did. This Tomato and Bean Soup is a very nice hearty soup that you could easily add all kind of vegetables. Kind of like cleaning out the refrigerator or pantry. Those shelf life "use before" dates can easily sneak up on you if you purchase additional supply when it is on sale. Of course, that probably is not an issue if you are cooking regularly and for a family.


Chickie is singing her happiness that she did not end up in the pot.






Maybe, this will be dinner along with Grilled Chesse Sandwiches. We have a late in the day medical appointment for my friend and maybe this would interest him and be convenient. His appetite wavers so we will see. I like to keep homemade soup in the freezer especially during the winter months. There is enough to freeze some extra servings.

By the way, my friends that received the Pistachio Coffee Cakes were surprised and very appreciative.  I like to sign my cards with "Just Because". It's nice to surprise people with a little happiness. Perhaps, that is part of my Nursing background, and my spirit!

Hug Someone Today.

Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014