web analytics

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Diversional Therapy

Boy, oh, boy. Do I ever need some diversional therapy and I do not mean retail therapy. But, some place is my home that helps soothe the soul. And, that place is my kitchen. What better activity than to bake some goodies to take to some of my friends. The reason! Just Because!

There are so many wonderful sounding and good looking recipes on the blogs just waiting for me to try them. Nothing much more than sharing gives me comfort.

Very seldom do I make anything that is Pistachio, not because I don't have a fondness for it but I just don't think about it as a "go to recipe". So, today I'm changing that.


I decided to make three coffee cakes instead of one large pan. I like these six inch round pans and use them quite often. They are especially nice when your desire is to share. Good size!


Coming along nicely.


And, there we are "out of the oven" with a little green from the pistachio cake batter showing through the walnut cinnamon topping.


After they cool the fun begins. Getting them out of the pan without destroying the topping will be a little challenge because I want to gift them as a whole coffee cake.
















I did it! And, without too much difficulty.


 Just the way I was hoping with a nice contrast of color.


If you were here we would have some afternoon tea and Pistachio Coffee Cake together. The door is always open.

Take Care.

Mary


4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I will be thinking of these cakes while I work oh-so-far-away from the US this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and encouraging me on my blog Crazed Mind. I sure did need the pick me up. And oh how wonderful it would be to have an afternoon tee and this lovely coffee cake. I love Pistachio! Also a great break from our cold dreary weather in central Texas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep up the good work. You are worth it. Smile.

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014