web analytics

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spinal Diagnostic And Treatment Center

If I am going to post a picture of anatomy I want it to be pretty and not off-putting. After looking around a little I was able to find this colorful depiction on the lumbar spine. The thought of a pleasing picture came to me because yesterday when I was in the treatment room of the Spinal Center, I enjoyed some very lovely watercolor paintings of the spine. If I could have,  I would have taken photos of the artwork but it wasn't possible since I was already in a "hospital gown" and ready for the procedure. The paintings were very calming and relaxing.  



And, that is how I am feeling today - - - Calm and Relaxed. Yesterday went extremely well in all aspects. I can not say enough good things about everyone and everything at the Spine Center. Additionally, my gentleman friend was fantastic in every regard. We did the trip to and from  South San Francisco in one day. Up at 5 AM and on the road by 7 AM. I drove on the way going and endured quite a lot of heavy commuter traffic and he drove coming home. We left the treatment center as soon as possible and we were able to miss most of the heavy commuter traffic when travelling home. Travel time each way takes approximately two and a half hours plus.

The treatment I received this time was a little different than the treatment in January of this year. In addition to the lumbar (low back) cortisone injections, he injected at the sacro-iliac joint (where the vertebrae join the pelvis). Of course, all of this is based on my symptomatology and diagnostic studies. The injections are performed under needle-guided fluoroscopy. I was given a stronger anesthetic this time and I was asleep the whole time. Actually, I received Propofol (the drug that the public learned a lot about because of Michael Jackson) which I have received in the past for cataract surgeries. Truly, it is a wonderful drug when used properly.





I would say that my pain level at this time is very minimal intermittent with times of no pain.. I will have to limit my activities for about a week. I can do nothing and feel no guilt. NICE. And, I feel optimistic that the relief of the disabling pain will last for a longer period this time. Now I am going to lay down and pamper myself!

The sun is shinning brightly today and I love it.

Hope your day is Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014