web analytics

Monday, April 09, 2012

Busy But Relaxing Easter

It was such a nice day! I had hoped to go to Easter sunrise service but I did not make it this year. But look how beautiful our little church looked especially with the beautiful Easter lilies. They are provided by church members in honor or memory of loved ones.  My gentleman friend contributed one in memory of his wife who he had been married to for 57 years. It was very special!


And, look at those beautiful handcrafted quilts that have been made by the ladies of our church. As you probably know most photos can not do justice to the beauty of the quilts. Trust me, they are gorgeous.

The church has two services on Easter, one at 9AM and another at 11AM. The choir sings at both services. So after I went to the 9 AM service and while my friend sang again in the second service, I delivered some Easter packets to a couple members who were not able to attend services.

Thereafter, I went to see my friend who recently returned home following additional cancer surgery on Friday. I helped her take a nice warm bath and I changed her dressings for her. By the time I left she was nice and warm and comfortable and ready for a nap. On Saturday night we took her a favorite dinner she likes of Crab Macaroni and Cheese from one of our downtown restaurants. She was a "happy gal".

Then we took a drive out to a favorite spot to have Easter Brunch Buffet at 2 PM. We had a leisure afternoon and left for home around 4 PM.



The weather was Fabulous and the food was Great. It was a Wonderful Day.



I hope all of you found lots of enjoyment and pleasure on your Easter weekend. Our church family of friends have provided so much love, comfort and support for us even with our "soap opera life" of recent. We are very blessed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014