web analytics

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Playing Hooky

What a beautiful day to skip church/choir and get out on the lake. That is exactly what my gentleman friend is doing today. Bass fishing on M-24 Ranch Lake is on the agenda. It is a private lake and the Fly Fishing Club is having a "play day". At least, that is what I call it. Pontoon boats, rods and reels along with all sorts of stuff will be coming out from winter storage. The event was originally scheduled a couple Saturdays ago but was rained out. So, today is the day! I certainly can not fault him for playing hooky because he has been one of the most consistent, regular members of the church choir for many years!


And, I am here at home, just where I want to be. After yesterdays activities with lots of walking, I need to be right here with no scheduled activities. My favorite kind of day. Tomorrow will be one week since I received treatment for my spinal issues. It is still too early to tell what the results will demonstrate. There has not been any consistent pattern to the discomfort. Sometimes there is pain and sometimes there is no pain. I am still optimistic!


A good time was had by "The Fisherman".  I don't know where he gets all of his energy! Yes, the pontoon boats are relatively lightweight, but he continues to impress me with his abilities to get everything loaded on the vehicle by himself!

We went out and enjoyed a nice Chinese Dinner this evening. It was a very warm day and the sunset was lovely. 

I hope Your Weekend was Enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. I never think of Nevada as lake country! We often try to play hooky by going to a lake - but MN has 10,000 of them. An eclectic life is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014