web analytics

Friday, April 06, 2012

Happy Happy News

My close friend had her surgery this morning and everything went well. I do not know the extent of the lymphectomy. But, I do know that a drain was placed in her right arm that is effected with the lymphedema. I spoke briefly with her daughter and later with my friend. She expects to return to her home tomorrow and I will be available for her. When she recovers from this surgery she will start her Radiation Therapy close to home. This is such a wonderful blessing.

I have not been doing anything lately that is blog posting worthy. But, since it is Holy Week there have been a few added activities.

Another blessing worth noting is that my health has been improving to the point that I no longer have any abdominal distress or require any medication for symptoms.  Additionally, I am scheduled for more epidural injections on April 16. The physician thinks that since I received absence of nerve pain for more than a month that I may experience more relief for a longer period of time with another treatment.

Another change has happened in my life. As you may know I live in a very close knit small town and I live directly across the street from the community church. Needless to say, it is difficult to carry on with a troubled personal life that is entwined with normal everyday activities. I believe that prayer is very powerful and I believe that the prayers of many friends have been answered in a way that my gentleman  friend and I are no longer estranged from one another. With his strong conviction and desire to be friends, the relationship has been totally redefined.  Our approach with each other is very relaxed and there are no unacceptable expectations on a daily basis or of future events (engagement/marriage)  in our life.   What a huge difference in our approach to life.  Some days I am almost in disbelief that this event could ever happen!  The absence of turmoil and stress has greatly contributed to my improved health. I have been feeling  better than I have felt in more than two years.  At the beginning of this relationship, all I was interested in was simply "a shared cup of coffee and maybe a movie now and then".  I feel as if we have gone full circle and life is giving me exactly what I wanted.  And, maybe even a little more fun than I could have ever hoped for.

I am convinced more and more that life is to be lived  purposefully one day at a time. For, life can change in the blink of an eyelash to sadness or joy! If you think about it - Living fully takes courage!

I wish you a Very Happy Easter - whether your focus is Easter Bunnies or Your Church or Both. Blessing to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014