web analytics

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Garden Is Poppin'


In spite of the neglect from my lack of "gardening" the colors in my little garden are talking loud and clear to me. The Azaleas are popping throughout the garden. Unfortunately, so are the weeds. Literally!

Look at this little weed. It starts out innocently with a pretty little rosette.


But then, the "ammunition" appears at the end of long stems.


When touched, even very lightly, the ammunition (I mean seeds) rapidly propel. It is almost like a little machine gun going "pop - pop - pop".  The seeds go everywhere, in your face, down your shirt, up your sleeves and in your hair! Quite annoying, if you ask me. And, what is the name of this little machine gun? Hairy Bittercress.

What am I going to do with all of the "popping" that is going on in my garden. And, I don't mean the pretty flowers that are "popping.

In the past, I have noticed some of these weeds in the garden and I have been able to keep up with hand eradication (fancy phase for weeding). But now, I can see them everywhere, in the flower beds, in the ground cover, in the raised veggie beds and in the planters of potted bulbs. HELP. I just may be on my hands and knees again - either Weeding or Praying. Stay tuned!

Have a Happy Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014