web analytics

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The Girl Likes Pink

And, many many other colors! However, pink and red seem to be around me the most these days. I am starting to gather some things together to donate to our church Harvest Festival which includes a silent auction to benefit the Youth Education Fund. During my recent efforts to clean some cupboards I have been finding some things that I have made that really should find a permanent home. The knitted baby blanket is one of those handcrafted items that I will donate alone with some other projects I am trying to work on even though my hand is a constant issue with the pain management. So, I use a lot of intermittent ice application, a splint and rest.

I have found that I can do some knitting but NOT crocheting with the discomfort. I guess, it has to do with the specific movement of my fingers and wrist. 

Any - - way, among other things, I am knitting some cotton dishcloth packages that I think will make for some nice small items. I am working on several different color themes and I will be showing them to you as I go along. The handcrafted items are always very popular at the Festival. This will be the first time I am donating to this event.

The current rainy days are not very good photo taking days but I will do my best. And, yes, I still would like to have a new camera!


This beautiful pink rose is blooming in my garden at the present time. I think it is breath-taking. I am so delighted with the beauty of the roses that I can see from my windows that I did not expect to see with what seemed like the end of the rose blooming season here in my garden.


And, my Dear Friend (who takes care of Lily when I am away) here in my neighborhood gave me this gorgeous multi-colored azalea for my Birthday. I am thoroughly enjoying the beauty of each day as it continues to open more and more flowers which bring me daily snippets of joy for my heart. In the future, I will plant it in the garden in a special location that I can see from my windows.

Another pink rose from a different rose bush taken two weeks ago.

In the days to come, I will have more photos of the various projects I am working on. I hope you will come back and visit me and see them.


I wish you a Beautiful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014