web analytics

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fabulous Fall Outing

It is so nice to get out at this time of year and jump in the car and take off to who knows where. Apple Hill was a possible destination. But, along the way we stopped at a favorite nursery of mine in the next county.




Amador Flower Farm is a wonderful very large nursery that specializes in daylilies. I have never seen so many daylilies in one location. They have over 900 varieties available all year round. This is not the blooming season but I have been there during the summer when it is simply a riot of color.


There is an extensive selection of garden art and sculture to tempt you. And, isn't this little guy cute?  I don't think I have ever seen a garden sculpture of a schnauzer in the past. I wonder what his/her name is.



My fountain of Rebecca At the Well is from this nursery. I purchased it many years ago and I enjoy it from my dining room window.



They also have a great gift shop.


Look at that scary cat in the field and the flying ghosts.


Every year the fields are fixed up with lots of fun activities for the kids at Halloween.


Yes, we made it to Apple Hill and visited many different apple farms, bought apples, ate apple pie and had a beautiful day.  We sat in the sun and watched kids fishing in this fully stocked pond and enjoyed their delight as they pulled a fish to the shore.


And, we bought lots of goodies from the produce stores and this stock of brussel sprouts was one of my favorite because I have a great recipe for preparing roasted brussel sprouts. 


I will be preparing it soon and I will post the recipe at that time.

I wish you a Beautiful Autumn Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014