web analytics

Friday, October 08, 2010

Another Home Project Completed

My "To Do" list is getting shorter. For some reason, yesterday I was motivated to change out a patio light that was old and ineffective for what I wanted. I think it was installed when the house was built in 1973 or soon after. The workmanship was pretty shabby. The ground wire was not attached and duct tape was used to cover unused holes in the mounting fixture.  It was definitely time to replace it.




And, the junction box was placed so close to the eave and supporting 2x4 that the swivel lamp could not be adjusted. You can see in the photo where the old one was placed and where the nice new one is located.   I like it!
I have taken a liking to these dual bright sensor lights because they can be set to come on at a half bright mode at dusk and when they sense a moving object the light turns on full bright for whatever length of time you set it for and then returns to the dim mode. There are several different settings so you can set it for your specific needs.



My house is located on a corner and the neighboring houses are located further away than in a common "neighborhood subdivision".  That is one of the many things that I like about my little house. However, since I live alone and some past experiences as a single women, I like to live my life with sensible caution and not fear. These lights are so effective and pleasant because they provide a subdued light unless they are activated with motion.


For some reason, this is the year that I have felt compelled to take care of lots of preventive maintenance with my house. It really is nice to take care of these things and then forget about them. I think I have an underlying thought that as I get older I may not be able to take care of these things and I know my budget limits me in hiring someone to do the work. I am just thankful that I have the ability to do these things at this time.


Today, I plan to work on some of my craft projects for donation to the silent auction at the forthcoming Harvest Festival.


I hope where ever you live that you are having a Wonderful Fall day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome and they mean so much to me. Blessings to you.

.

Some Additional Special Photos

.

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Family (2014)

Happy Family (2014)
Grandma Pride

Valentine's Day 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

High School (1957) Friends Of Mine On The Left Live In New York and We Met In Canada In 2011

Bud Mietz

Bud Mietz
1928 - 2014